Sneak Peek: Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Cargo Hook System
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Onboard Systems is developing a cargo hook system for the new Bell 505 Jet Ranger X aircraft that will be built around our safety-forward TALON® LC Hydraulic Cargo Hook. Our STC kits will include all of the Onboard-exclusive advantages operators have come to expect from our products, such as:
The new cargo hook system for the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X will be built around our TALON LC Hydraulic Cargo Hook
- TALON® LC Hydraulic Hook — Our hydraulic hook greatly increases load security by using a hydraulically activated release mechanism instead of a traditional manual release cable.
- Airframe & Hook Protection — Built-in travel limits in forward, aft and lateral directions prevent damage to aircraft and control cables.
- Low Profile —System is designed to provide excellent ground clearance.
- Easy to Remove — The suspension system is rapidly removable from the aircraft without the use of tools or loose parts to manage.
- Optional Surefire® Release Technology — An integrated electronic circuit is added inside the cargo hook, which provides about a half-second release delay from when the electrical release button is pressed until the hook opens to guard against inadvertent releases.
- Optional Onboard Weighing System — Uses our pin load cell technology to replace the attach bolt, eliminating the need for extra linkage. Maximize load efficiency while reducing airframe stress by knowing the exact weight of your load.
- The Onboard Advantage — Our cargo hook kits can be installed on new or existing aircraft using standard hand tools. Time between overhauls is five years or 1,000 operating hours for this TALON cargo hook. And because Onboard Systems maintains a large inventory of cargo hook kits and spare parts, we can usually ship your order out quickly.
Onboard's Bell 505 cargo hook kit will include the cargo hook, pivoting suspension beam, pillow blocks, hydraulic release system, and all of the required fixed provisions for a complete installation. Optional upgrade components include an Onboard Weighing System and the Surefire release technology.
Onboard anticipates that we will submit our Bell 505 cargo hook kit to the FAA for STC certification as soon as Bell certifies the aircraft for external loadwork. We will also submit the kit to Transport Canada and EASA. If you are interested in finding out more about this kit, please join our Bell 505 information list by completing the form below so that we can provide you with product updates.
Tagscargo hook kitsbell 505bell jet ranger xvol12-iss4bell helicopters
Shop Talk: Load Cell TBOs
Load cells are not field serviceable and must be returned to the factory for overhaul.
Get The Hook
Stay informed! Sign up for our quarterly newsletter, The Hook.
External Load Mission Wallpapers
Exclusive desktop wallpapers featuring external load mission photos for your desktop.
Tracking Water Drops
How to use the C-39 cockpit indicator to track water drops for contracts.
How to Upgrade Your Equipment
We strive to make it simple and cost-effective for our customers to upgrade their equipment.
Counter-to-Counter Shipping Available
For when you need parts fast, Onboard Systems now offers counter-to-counter shipping.
Increased Rated Load for TALON 3K Remote Hooks
We've increased the rated load for the TALON 3K Remote Cargo Hook series from 3,000 lb. to 3,300 lb. / 1,500 kg.
Send Us Your Photos & Videos
If you've got some great helicopter photos or videos of helicopters at work, we'd love to hear from you!
Get the 411 about all the documentation updates and service bulletins that have taken place since the last issue.