New & Improved TALON LC Keeperless Cargo Hook Rolls Out
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
As the TALON® LC Keeperless Cargo Hook approaches its tenth anniversary, Onboard Systems has been hard at work to incorporate even more safety-oriented and user-friendly innovations into their flagship product. The result of these efforts is a significantly improved hook that has been rolling out into growing numbers of complete and replacement cargo hook systems.
The updated TALON Keeperless Cargo Hook is the same size and weight as its predecessor and uses the same mounting interfaces and electrical and manual release cable connection locations. But it also incorporates many of the design improvements developed for Onboard's hydraulic release cargo hooks, such as:
- A hook lock indicator that uses alignment marks to help ground crew verify that the cargo hook is fully closed and locked.
- Improved load beam geometry allows the hook to open up to almost 90° (vs. 45° for the previous generation hook) for better low-load, high-friction drops.
- A window in the manual release cover that allows an operator to check the manual release cable rigging at the cargo hook. Improper manual release cable rigging has been identified as a major contributor to inadvertent load releases.
- Highly-visible, wider and longer release lever makes it easier for ground crews to open the hook while wearing work gloves.
- Improved performance during no-load and low-voltage releases.
- An additional 100 LB (45.4 KG) in load-lifting capacity over the previous generation. This cargo hook is rated for 3,600 LB (1,633 KG).
Tagskeeperless cargo hooksvol7-iss3
Plan to meet us at these upcoming tradeshow events around the world.
Return for Service Shipping Tips
International "Return for Service" shipments can be tricky. Here are some tips.
External Load Mission Wallpapers
Exclusive desktop wallpapers featuring external load mission photos for your desktop.
Chrome Themes for Your Browser
Exclusive Chrome themes featuring external load mission photos for your browser.
Shop Talk: Load Cell TBOs
Load cells are not field serviceable and must be returned to the factory for overhaul.