Start here for answers to the most common general questions about Onboard Systems products and services. Look through this list of topics and click on the subject line to go right to the answer.
If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us.
Onboard Systems operates a certified FAA Part 145 Repair Station to service, repair and overhaul all the equipment we manufacture. Our Part 145 Repair Station has also been certified by EASA to issue FAA Form 8130-3 Dual Release Certificates for service work.
Please click here for the most up-to-date information about our repair station.
Visit our Products by Helicopter page to check if we make a kit for your helicopter. In addition, you can review the STC information in the kit documentation to confirm certification for your aircraft.
If you're not 100% sure about which parts you need, just call us or complete our technical support form and we'll help you determine exactly parts you can use.
First, browse this website and locate the part number(s) for the specific product(s) you need. Then, place your order in one of four easy ways:
- To shop online, click the "Add to Cart" button on any product page. When you are ready to checkout, follow the prompts to log into your existing account or to set up a new account.
- Call us to place your order, using one of the following phone numbers:
+1.360.546.3072, Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time
1.800.275.0883 (USA & Canada), Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time
- Fax your order to:
- E-mail us at email@example.com
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Therefore, unused products may be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase under these conditions:
- Parts must be returned in new condition and complete with all paperwork.
- Customer is responsible for all return shipping charges and insurance.
- A 5% restocking fee will be deducted from the credit.
- An RMA number must be obtained. Click here to request an RMA online, or contact Technical Support by phone or email:
Please be sure to package the component carefully to ensure safe transit and write the RMA number on the outside of the box or on the mailing label. Then return the components freight, cartage, insurance and customs prepaid to:
ATTN: (Your RMA #)
13915 NW Third Court
Vancouver, WA 98685
Onboard’s cargo hook equipment has some of the longest time between overhauls (TBO) in the industry. For optimal safety and performance, regular maintenance and adherence to the overhaul schedule are essential. The exact TBO requirements for your equipment can be found in the Continuing Maintenance Manual (CMM) or in the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) manual that is applicable to the kit, and are based on hours of external load operations or years in service:
- Hours of External Load Operations — Should be counted as time when (1) anything is attached to the primary cargo hook (whether or not a useful load is being transported) and (2) the aircraft is flying. If these conditions are not met, time does not need to be tracked.
- Years in Service — Should be counted from the initial installation date when the cargo hook is new or newly overhauled, regardless of storage or inactivity periods. If initial installation date is unknown, then count from the date of manufacture as indicated on the cargo hook data plate or from the date of last overhaul as indicated on the overhaul sticker.
Please visit the documentation section of the Onboard Systems website to find manuals for your system.
Onboard Systems has distributors in many countries. Please refer to our dealer list to find the distributor nearest you.
Onboard's certified FAA Part 145 Repair Station offers a Certificate of Service, Return to Service 8130-3, and Return to Service 8130-3 with EASA dual release as needed. Because we are a US manufacturer, we cannot issue EASA Form 1 documents.
In addition, the FAA issued memorandum AIR100-16-110-DM04 in June 2016, which states that that individuals authorized to issue 8130-3 tags may no longer use the “Export airworthiness approval…” statement in block 12.
Our products are designed to be installed quickly and easily with readily available tools. Complete, step-by-step installation instructions are available for every product, and full documentation support is available on this Web site. You can also receive live technical support by calling us at 800-275-0883 from Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. Or, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Onboard Systems components are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Components are warranted to function as intended when properly installed and used for their intended purpose. Parts which prove to be defective will be repaired or replaced free of charge FOB factory at the manufacturer’s option.
Please click here to be routed to our Terms and Conditions of Sale to view warranty information.
For most equipment, we ship the same day payment is made. Please provide your freight carrier account number if you would like to have the shipping fees billed directly to your shipper account.
- For domestic shipments, we ship via UPS or FedEx, with your choice of air or ground service.
- For international shipments, we ship via UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- If an order is shipping internationally and the shipping cost is billed to your invoice, the order will be scheduled to ship via UPS.
- If an order is shipping internationally and the recipient's shipping account will be used, then UPS, FedEx and DHL are all available for use.
- Local customers may make arrangements to stop by our Vancouver, Washington facility to pick up their purchases.
- If you need parts fast, Onboard Systems now offers counter-to-counter shipping from Portland International Airport (PDX). With same-day delivery to select locations around the world, you can minimize AOG time and get back to critical external load missions. After your order is processed, your parts will be sent out on the first available flight and will be ready for pickup shortly after arrival at the destination airport, ensuring you're back to work with minimal downtime. Contact us today to discuss delivery options for your location.
- Other shipment arrangements are possible; please contact us about other options.
Please use a freight carrier that can clear the package through customs, such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. If you choose to send the package via an airline or other freight carrier that does not typically provide custom clearing services, one of our brokers will clear the package through customs, and we will invoice you for any fees that may occur.
The closest port of entry to Onboard Systems is Portland, Oregon (PDX). To expedite customs clearance, please note one of the following customs brokers on your package, depending on the US port of entry:
Portland, Oregon (PDX):
All other US ports of entry:
Onboard Systems accepts the following payment methods:
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express (1% surcharge for use of American Express cards)
- Prepayment with company check
- Bank Wire Transfer — Click here to view our bank account information for bank wire transfers.
- Open Accounts —Existing customers who conduct a high volume of business with us on a regular basis can apply for a Net 30 account. Contact us for more information.
Onboard Systems operates a certified FAA Part 145 Repair Station to service, repair and overhaul all of the equipment we manufacture. To determine if your Onboard Systems equipment has a service requirement, you can check the Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) or the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) manual for a list of specific parts in your cargo hook system that need to be overhauled.
For example, many Onboard Systems cargo hooks (such as the 528-023-XX and 528-010-XX) also have a service requirement for the attach bolt. If the hook you are sending in for overhaul has a service requirement for the attach bolt, you will either have to send the attach bolt in separately or buy a new attach bolt as part of the overhaul. Either way, this oversight will increase the time and cost to perform your overhaul.
To avoid this, you should refer to the Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) or the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) manual to see if the attach bolt or other parts are listed on the Bill of Materials (BOM) page. If the attach bolt or other components are listed as having a service requirement, they must be included in your package.
In most cases, the safest and easiest thing to do is to always include the attach bolt. If it has a service requirement, it is included in the cost of the overhaul; if it doesn't, there is no additional charge, and it will be returned to you with your overhauled hook.
Keep in mind that non-Onboard Systems parts (such as OEM suspensions, harnesses, etc.) should never be sent to us for service, as we are only authorized to work on our own equipment.
For more information about sending your equipment in for overhaul, please refer to this article in our newsletter, The Hook, "Streamline the Overhaul Process for your Onboard Hook."
Onboard Systems will typically obtain an FAA STC for certified equipment. This certificate will then be submitted and validated with Transport Canada and EASA, which has jurisdiction over the European Union. Most countries will accept one of these three certifications, but if you have other certification needs, please contact us. We have received certifications for our equipment from the following organizations:
- US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA)
- Brazil Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC)
- Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD)\
- Japan Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB)
- Mexico Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil (DGAC)
We list the the current certifications on each product page. In addition, you can click here to download a copy of our permission letter to use Onboard's applicable FAA STC and associated data for installation and approval of our equipment, or to generate a customized permission letter.
Please click here to visit our Quality Assurance page for the most up-to-date information.
If you are a Quality Professional looking to update your supplier records, Onboard Systems has the documents you need, ready for immediate download.
We include the Bill of Materials (BOM) in the Owner's Manual for all of our products, which provides a complete list of parts. You can download the Owner's Manual from the product page on our website and refer to the BOM. For those product STCs which specifically require that the operator refer to the Master Drawing List (MDL) , please contact us for technical support.
More for You
Counter-to-Counter Shipping Available
For when you need parts fast, Onboard Systems now offers counter-to-counter shipping.
How to Upgrade Your Equipment
We strive to make it simple and cost-effective for our customers to upgrade their equipment.
Repair Price List
Find out what your overhaul or repair will cost by downloading our "Repair Department Pricing" list.
Want to find out more about our trade-in and upgrade programs? Download our "Trade-in Program Sheet."
Return for Service Shipping Tips
International "Return for Service" shipments can be tricky. Here are some tips.