Overhauls, Repairs & Maintenance
Onboard Systems cargo hooks have some of the longest time between overhauls (TBO) in the industry. For optimal safety and performance, regular maintenance and adherence to the overhaul schedule are essential. If it's time to service or overhaul your cargo hook, you have several options:
- Send it back to Onboard Systems for factory service
- Send it to a qualified repair facility
- Service it yourself
You can review these options in detail in our booklet, Your Guide to Overhaul Options.
Onboard Systems operates a certified FAA Part 145 Repair Station. We service, repair, and overhaul all the equipment we manufacture.
When you send your cargo hook equipment to Onboard for overhaul, our highly trained factory technicians will restore it to like-new condition. The electrical release harness and mechanical release cables should not be included as they can be damaged during shipping. Our standard overhaul service includes all recommended procedures listed in the service manual or component maintenance manual, including:
- Disassembly, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, and reassembly
- Replacement of all threaded fasteners, bearings, and bushing springs included in our overhaul kits
- Non-destructive inspection and testing (NDT) of required components
- Replacement of worn or corroded parts
- Performing any outstanding Service Bulletin compliance, as required
- Refinishing and re-anodizing
- Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP)
Onboard Weighing Systems
Due to the complexity of these products, Onboard Weighing Systems are not field serviceable and must be returned to the factory for service. Depending on the age and condition of your equipment, we will inspect and calibrate, repair, or upgrade your equipment. Please refer to your Owners Manual for more information.
Recommended for You
Counter-to-Counter Shipping Available
For when you need parts fast, Onboard Systems now offers counter-to-counter shipping.
Service Alerts & Bulletins
Safety is our first priority. Sign up to receive notices about service alerts and bulletins here.
Get a generic or customized permission letter to use Onboard's STCs here.
Get An RMA Number
Need an RMA number to return your Onboard Systems equipment for service? Get one here!
How to Upgrade Your Equipment
We strive to make it simple and cost-effective for our customers to upgrade their equipment.