External Loadwork Survey Results
Monday, September 15, 2014
In the last issue of The Hook, we asked our customers to provide feedback on their external loadwork operations and how it impacts their bottom line. Here's what you told us:
Considering that Onboard Systems provides the hooks you use to perform external loadwork missions, it comes as no surprise that 85% of our survey respondents confirmed that they currently perform external loadwork as part of their business operations. For those operators who said they did not use their helicopters for external loadwork, 67% said it was because their aircraft aren't certified for external loadwork. The other 33% said that there was no market for external loadwork in their area.
For those who do perform external loadwork, 32% of respondents said that external loadwork accounts for at least 50% of their business:
Here is a chart showing the most popular models for external loadwork as provided by the survey respondents:
This chart ranks external loadwork operations by financial importance. Survey respondents identified firefighting, construction and powerline/utility work as most important to their bottom line:
For operators who do not include external loadwork in the mix, the following chart ranks the importance of different mission types. VIP transport and EMS operations were the jobs ranked as most important by our survey respondents:
Non-external loadwork operators also ranked the aircraft they use for their missions, and the results are shown in the chart below:
How to Upgrade Your Equipment
We strive to make it simple and cost-effective for our customers to upgrade their equipment.
Send Us Your Photos & Videos
If you've got some great helicopter photos or videos of helicopters at work, we'd love to hear from you!
Get the 411 on Surefire Products
Here is a complete reference list of aircraft and cargo hook kits currently featuring Surefire.
Service Life Update for Barry Longlines
Barry has modified the service life calculation for their synthetic helicopter longlines.
External Load Mission Wallpapers
Exclusive desktop wallpapers featuring external load mission photos for your desktop.
Convenient Email Invoices
How to get an invoice before your order arrives to help with customs paperwork and internal receiving processes.
Get the 411 about all the documentation updates and service bulletins that have taken place since the last issue.
Increased Rated Load for TALON 3K Remote Hooks
We've increased the rated load for the TALON 3K Remote Cargo Hook series from 3,000 lb. to 3,300 lb. / 1,500 kg.
Shop Talk: Load Cell TBOs
Load cells are not field serviceable and must be returned to the factory for overhaul.
Wanted: Reviews & Testimonials
We would love to hear about how our products or services have helped you.
Counter-to-Counter Shipping Available
For when you need parts fast, Onboard Systems now offers counter-to-counter shipping.