Repair Station Improvements
Friday, June 8, 2018
While Onboard's external load equipment has some of the longest time between overhauls (TBO) in the industry, at some point, service, repairs, or overhauls will be required. That's why we've been taking steps to improve our repair station services to help our customers get their equipment back in the field as quickly as possible.
One of the most significant changes we've implemented to streamline product service is to hire a dedicated service coordinator to manage the process before, during, and after service. From issuing quotes and RMAs, to monitoring service status from the time we receive your product in-house to the time it ships back out to you, our service coordinator is here to answer your questions, assist with overhaul exchanges, and expedite your service requests.
We also reviewed our entire overhaul process to identify steps in the process that are prone to bottlenecks, and developed solutions to help reduce these pain points. For example, we modified the requirements for load cell servicing, and have opted to replace certain components outright with new parts, instead of inspecting for wear and tear and replacing on condition.
Together, these changes have helped significantly decrease the turn-around time for service and overhauls. As compared to turn-times from last year, our service times have dropped:
- For cargo hook overhauls, average service time has decreased 17%
- For load cell overhauls, average service time has decreased 50%
- For Bell 204, 205, 212, and 412 suspension system overhauls, average service time has decreased 40%
These are just some of the ways our ongoing efforts to continuously improve our services are paying off. Other actions include:
- Instant quotes for parts and services, 24x7, via fax or email using our online quote request system
- Instant RMA numbers, 24x7, via email using our online RMA request system
- Fixed price services mean you can use our secure shopping cart to prepay online or you can include a completed card card authorization form in your package
While we are always monitoring our progress and looking for paths to improve our services and turn-times, there are also things that you can do to help expedite your equipment service. Please refer to these articles for more information:
- Three Tips to Expedite the Overhaul Process
- Another Tip to Expedite the Overhaul Process
- Streamline the Overhaul Process for your Onboard Hook
- Reduce Customs Issues for Serviced Equipment with Advance Invoices
Tagsrepair station improvementsoverhaulscargo hook overhaul
Increased Rated Load for TALON 3K Remote Hooks
We've increased the rated load for the TALON 3K Remote Cargo Hook series from 3,000 lb. to 3,300 lb. / 1,500 kg.
Wanted: Reviews & Testimonials
We would love to hear about how our products or services have helped you.
Send Us Your Photos & Videos
If you've got some great helicopter photos or videos of helicopters at work, we'd love to hear from you!
Counter-to-Counter Shipping Available
For when you need parts fast, Onboard Systems now offers counter-to-counter shipping.
Chrome Themes for Your Browser
Exclusive Chrome themes featuring external load mission photos for your browser.
External Load Mission Wallpapers
Exclusive desktop wallpapers featuring external load mission photos for your desktop.
How to Upgrade Your Equipment
We strive to make it simple and cost-effective for our customers to upgrade their equipment.