How to Upgrade Your Equipment for Greater Safety & Value
Monday, December 11, 2017
Continuous improvement is the way we do business at Onboard Systems. Since our founding in 1975, we have focused on making better cargo hooks and external load equipment. We then fine-tune the process to make a great product even better.
As we innovate solutions that improve safety and productivity, we also strive to make it simple and cost-effective for our existing customers to upgrade their equipment. For example, you can improve the safety and performance of your existing Onboard Systems cargo hook or Onboard Weighing System by converting to a hydraulic release hook, adding a bumper ring, and more.
We offer a number of trade-in and upgrade programs for Onboard Systems equipment, as well as other brands. Not only will you save money with a trade-in or upgrade, you will be able to enjoy the safety and operational advantages these latest generation products offer. For more information about our upgrade kits, trade-in programs, or upgrade discounts, please visit the Product Upgrade Center on our website. While you’re there, you can also download document 115-124-00: Trade-in Program Price Sheet, or contact us for more information.
Replacement Hook Kits
In addition to equipment upgrades, you can also swap out your original, factory-installed cargo hook with one of our readily available, low-maintenance TALON® brand hooks with a replacement hook kit. Our replacement hook kits give you access to the latest safety innovations and design improvements Onboard offers, usually for less than it would cost to overhaul your existing legacy hook. Some of these features include:
- Low Maintenance Costs—Teflon-lined, self-lubricating bushings at many wearing joints provide long life and greatly reduce maintenance requirements. Standard time between overhauls is five years or 1,000 operating hours for all TALON hooks, and you can perform the overhaul at your location, or you can send it back to the factory.
- Bumper Rings & Travel Limits—Many of our replacement hook kits are designed with built-in travel limits and/or polymer bumper rings to keep the hook from striking the airframe and to relieve strain on the control cables that could lead to an inadvertent release.
- Release Safety—Onboard hooks are designed to release 2.5 times the rated load to give pilots a significant margin of safety in which to release their load in an emergency situation.
- Onboard Weighing Systems—Many of our replacement hook kits have options for an integrated Onboard Weighing System to reduce the risk of overload stress and aid pilots with loading decisions.
- Fast Shipping—We maintain a large inventory of parts and spares at our factory, so we can usually ship the same day you place your order.
- Easy Field Installation—Available as easy-to-install kits for new installations or to replace original,
Our trade-in program makes this option even more affordable. Contact us today to see what your old cargo hook is worth, or download the Trade-in Program Price Sheet from our website. You can also visit our website to view a complete list of all the replacement hook kits.
Onboard Weighing Systems
One of the most cost-effective upgrades you can make to your aircraft is to add an Onboard Weighing System to your existing cargo hook kit. Onboard Weighing Systems help minimize stress to your aircraft while maximizing load economy and hauling efficiency. When pilots know the load weight, they don’t have to err on the side of caution and can immediately report accurate weight statistics to customers, resulting in less downtime for maintenance and the ability to take on more work.
Onboard Weighing Systems integrate seamlessly with many Onboard and competitor cargo hook systems, and are consistently accurate. You can visit our website to view a complete list of all the Onboard Weighing Systems we offer.
For more information about our industry-first innovations, visit the Technology Innovations section of our website.
Tagsvol12-iss2product spotlightsafety upgradesreplacement cargo hook kitscargo hook kits
Get The Hook
Stay informed! Sign up for our quarterly newsletter, The Hook.
Convenient Email Invoices
How to get an invoice before your order arrives to help with customs paperwork and internal receiving processes.
Return for Service Shipping Tips
International "Return for Service" shipments can be tricky. Here are some tips.
Plan to meet us at these upcoming tradeshow events around the world.
Service Life Update for Barry Longlines
Barry has modified the service life calculation for their synthetic helicopter longlines.