- Part Number
- Unit Weight
- 7.2 lb. (3.3 kg)
- Typical Overhaul
- 5 years/1,000 hours
- Design Load
- 2,000 lb. (907 kg)
TALON LC Hydraulic Hook Cargo Hook Kit with Attach Point & Onboard Weighing System
Product Number: 200-379-00
Call to confirm availability
Reduce ongoing maintenance costs with Onboard's reliable cargo hook kits for MD aircraft. Our cargo hook kits can be installed on new aircraft or used to upgrade older equipment with all the latest safety and design innovations. Onboard's cargo hook kits are OEM approved and are also a factory option for new MD500 series aircraft.
NOTE: Requires additional parts as specified in the kit Owner’s ManualView Manuals, Certifications, and Hardware Notes
- Easy Field Installation:Available in easy-to-install kits for new installation or replacement of existing hook equipment.
- Easy Maintenance & Overhaul:Onboard cargo hooks can be overhauled in the field, at our factory, or by a qualified repair facility using simple hand tools. Quick parts availability minimizes downtime!
- Low Maintenance Costs:Maintenance costs for Onboard cargo hooks are typically five to ten times less expensive when compared to other cargo hooks on the market.
- Includes Attach Point:The attach point comes with built-in travel stops to help prevent both the hook and control cables from impacting the aircraft frame, and provides an additional .75-inch clearance for the cables. Bushings at the hook pivot point and link make it easier and less expensive to perform ongoing maintenance.
- Integrated Onboard Weighing System:Allows pilots to instantly know the exact weight of the cargo on the hook. Reduces the risk of overload airframe stress and helps the pilot make more informed aircraft loading decisions.
- TALON® LC Hydraulic Hook:Our hydraulic hook greatly increases load security by using a hydraulically activated release mechanism instead of a traditional manual release cable.
- The Onboard Advantage:Our cargo hook kits can be installed on new or existing aircraft using standard hand tools. Time between overhauls is five years or 1,000 operating hours. And because Onboard Systems maintains a large inventory of cargo hook kits and spare parts, we can usually ship your order out quickly.
- Onboard Weighing System Option:Know the exact weight of your load! Our pin load cell replaces the attach bolt, eliminating extra linkage.
- Sleek, Low-Profile System Add-on:Our pin load cell weighing system mounts to one side of the hook by replacing the connecting bolt, rather than attaching as a separate link above the hook. Increases ground clearance by eliminating extra linkage, while still allowing the pilot to know the exact weight of the load.
- Complete Kit:Includes the cargo hook, attach point, manual and electrical release cable, plus optional Onboard Weighing System.
- Optional Cargo Hook Attach Point:Available for aircraft not previously equipped with a hook.
- Best Availability, Pricing & Support:Compare our prices & features against other cargo hook manufacturers and you'll see that Onboard Systems provides the best overall value. We stand behind every order with attentive customer support, backed by field- and hangar-experienced A&P mechanics.
- Release Safety:Onboard cargo hooks are designed to release 2.5 times rated load. In an emergency situation, such as a longline snag, Onboard hooks give pilots a significant margin of safety in which to release the cargo load.
- Standard Time Between Overhauls:Standard time between overhauls is five years or 1,000 operating hours for all TALON hooks.
- Two Hook Options:Available with the TALON LC Keeperless or the TALON LC Hydraulic Cargo Hook.
- Cargo Hook Attach Point:Available for aircraft not previously equipped with a hook.