- Part Number
- Design Load
- 3,086 lb. (1,400 kg)
- Release Capacity
- 8,750 lb. (3,969 kg)
- Ultimate Load
- 11,574 lb. (5,250 k.)
- Unit Weight
- 3.0 lb. (1.36 kg)
- Minimum Release Load
- 0 lb. (0 kg)
- Electrical Requirements
- 22-32 VDC 6.9 - 10 amps
Airbus Helicopters AS350 B2 & previous
Swing Hydraulic Cargo Hook Upgrade Kit
Product Number: 200-306-00
Call to confirm availability
If you already have an Onboard Systems swing suspension system with a TALON® Keeperless Cargo Hook installed, but are interested in swapping it out for a TALON Hydraulic Cargo Hook, then our Hydraulic Upgrade Kits are just what you’re looking for! Now you can upgrade your existing cargo hook swing system to the greater load security hydraulic release hooks offer. Buy this part for an AS350 B2 & previous aircraft. This will upgrade kit 200-280-00, 200-280-01, 200-286-00 and 200-286-01 to 200-280-02.
View Manuals, Certifications, and Hardware Notes
Hydraulic Release Technology — A Significant Safety Innovation
In 2006, Onboard Systems pioneered and developed hydraulic release technology for helicopter external load work. A US Department of Interior Aviation Management Technical Bulletin dated July 16, 2004 discussed common safety issues linked to inadvertent cargo hook releases. The findings show that large amounts of movement during external load operations can cause the cargo hook release mechanism to be accidentally activated by tension on the release cable due to improper rigging.
Manual 'push-pull' cabled release systems need to be installed with very precise limits in order to ensure that the system performs properly. Unlike existing cable systems, the hydraulic line can be routed with the electrical release cable and is unaffected by movement of the cargo hook. It does not require special rigging—significantly decreasing the chance of an inadvertent load loss due to imprecise rigging.
Another advantage of the hydraulic release system is that it will only open the hook when the pilot activates the release handle—snagging or damage to the cable will not lead to accidentally dropping the cargo. If a mechanical cable gets snagged or hit by the load it can inadvertently open the hook, causing the loss of the cargo.
- No Rigging Requirements:Onboard's hydraulic cargo hook systems do not require strict rigging procedures each time the system is installed.
- Easier Cable Routing:The hydraulic line is easier to route than a standard manual release cable.
- Dry-Break Disconnect:The hydraulic line can be disconnected without fluid loss or the need to bleed the entire system
- Reduced Lifetime System Costs:Stainless steel, braided hydraulic line is designed to last the life of the system. No more replacing expensive cables every year due to wear and tear!
- Compact Hydraulic System:The hydraulic hook system utilizes a compact master cylinder integrated into the cockpit release handle.
- Improved Electrical Connector Position:The electrical release connector is positioned to protect it from contact with the aircraft and other cargo hook components.
- Prompt Order Fulfillment:We maintain a large inventory of complete systems & spares so that we can ship your order quickly.
- Release Safety:Onboard cargo hooks are designed to release 2.5 times rated load. In an emergency situation, such as a longline snag, Onboard hooks give pilots a significant margin of safety in which to release the cargo load.
- Best Availability, Pricing & Support:Compare our prices & features against other cargo hook manufacturers and you'll see that Onboard Systems provides the best overall value. We stand behind every order with attentive customer support, backed by field- and hangar-experienced A&P mechanics.