- Part Number
- Design Load
- 2,000 lb. (907 kg)
- Minimum Release Load
- 0 lb. (0 kg)
- Unit Weight
- 3.9 lb. (1.8 kg)
- Throat Size (Height x Depth)
- 1.42 x 2.08 in. (36 x 52.8 mm)
- Electrical Requirements
- 22-30 VDC (10 amps)
- Typical Overhaul
- 5 years/1,000 hours
TALON 2K Carousel Hook
Product Number: 528-044-01
Call to confirm availability
The TALON® 2K Carousel Hook was designed for optimal performance when operating in a multi-hook carousel system. Based on extensive customer feedback, we built the TALON 2K Carousel Hook from the ground up to ensure it would include your most requested features, such as a dual-actuation release lever to help eliminate accidental releases caused by contact with branches. The design also allows easy field replacement of the power cord, as well as improved performance in icy conditions. We moved the release lever to the outer edge of the hook to provide better access for ground crews, and added a lock indicator window to help them confirm that the load is secure. Available with or without an LED light.View Manuals, Certifications, and Hardware Notes
- Easily Drop Light Loads:Keep light loads from hanging up with a hook whose load beam opens to almost 90°, even with the lightest of loads.
- Dual-Actuation Release Lever:Helps eliminate accidental releases caused by contact with foreign objects. The lever must be pinched together to open the hook. But it's easy for the ground crew to open, even with gloves!
- Lock Indicator Window:For added safety, a lock indicator window on the side of the hook gives the ground crew an easy visual signal that the hook is locked.
- Improved Release Lever Location:Release lever has been moved to the outer edge of the hook for improved access when installed in carousel systems.
- Field Replaceable Power Cord:Power cord can be easily replaced via an access cover and terminal block.
- Increased Side Plate Protection:Armor plates protect throat area from rigging damage.
- Keeperless Cargo Hook:Spring-loaded keepered hooks require a specific size load ring to ensure it won't work its way around the keeper, resulting in a dropped load. That's why Onboard replaced the cargo hook keeper mechanism with a uniquely secure load beam system. Since there's no keeper, a wide variety of load ring sizes and styles can be safely used without worrying about inadvertent load loss.