- Part Number
- Unit Weight Auto-Loc Hook
- 46 lb. (21 kg)
- Unit Weight Target
- Typical Overhaul
- 5 years/1,000 hours
- Design Load
- 6,000 lb. (2,722 kg)
Auto-Loc Cargo Hook System
TALON Auto-Loc Cargo Hook
Product Number: 210-300-00
Call to confirm availability
This specialized remote cargo hook system allows pilots to pick up and drop off pre-rigged loads from unmanned locations. The system is made up of two components: an Auto-Loc cargo hook (which is suspended from the belly of the helicopter on a longline) and a Target (which is attached to the load in advance and left unattended). The pilot slings the hook onto the target to automatically lock the pair together, then lifts the load for transport. The pilot can release the load by either setting it down on the ground or releasing it in air. No ground crew needs to be present during the loading/unloading operations.
NOTE: Target units sold separately. See P/N 232-739-00 for details.View Manuals, Certifications, and Hardware Notes Send Me A Quote Add to Cart
- Simple, Low-Weight System:Consists of two components: the hook and the target. The target weighs just 15 lb. (6.4 kg) and folds up for easy storage and transport. Attach the target hardpoint to your load using a shackle or other rigging, and place the target upright on the ground for unattended pickup by a helicopter.
- Increases Safety:Ground crew don't have to attach loads to the hook under a hovering helicopter, reducing hazardous conditions.
- Increased Efficiency:Loads can be rigged in advance for pickup at a later time; ground crew don't need to be present to attach loads to the hook during active lifting.
- Maximum Load Safety:The hook and target components are perfectly matched to ensure the highest load safety.
- Cost-Effective System:Inexpensive targets can be purchased separately as needed to support operations.
- Stable Target Design:The large width-to-height ratio and innovative leg design of the target help keep it from tipping over during pick up.
- Dual-Actuation Release Lever:Helps eliminate accidental releases caused by contact with foreign objects. The lever must be pinched together to open the hook. But it's easy for the ground crew to open, even with gloves!
- Surefire® Release Technology:An integrated electronic circuit is added inside the cargo hook to guard against inadvertent releases by requiring a firm, half-second press of the hook release button.