Airbus EC130 Sling Cargo Hook Kit
Onboard's sling cargo hook kit for the Airbus EC130 B4 aircraft was developed in response to customers seeking an alternative to the OEM cargo hook equipment. This kit includes many upgrades and features, such as:
- Built-in Bumper Ring — A polymer bumper ring and built-in travel limits prevent both the hook and control cables from impacting the frame and causing damage that could lead to an inadvertent load release.
- Built-in Onboard Weighing System — Includes an integrated Onboard Weighing System to reduce the risk of overload stress and aid pilots with loading decisions.
- TALON LC Hydraulic Hook — Greatly increases load security by using a hydraulically activated release mechanism instead of a traditional manual release cable
- Low Maintenance Cost — Teflon-lined, self lubricating bushings at all wearing joints provide long life and greatly reduce maintenance requirements.
This kit includes options for both the fixed and removable provisions and are approved for installation on the Airbus EC130 B4 model helicopter.
Eliminates the common causes for inadvertent releases
Onboard Systems has pioneered and developed hydraulic technology to serve as the emergency release for a number of critical reasons. The United States Department of the Interior Aviation Management released a Technical Bulletin dated July 16, 2004 that outlined common safety issues involved in inadvertent cargo hook releases. Their major findings were:
- Cables must be rigged to exact specifications each time the hook is installed
- Cables are prone to damage that can cause a load release
The Onboard hydraulic release mechanism consists of a small, self-contained hydraulic reservoir that is used to open the hook. It does not use any hydraulic power from the aircraft. The hydraulic release is activated with a cabin-mounted lever that incorporates a compact master cylinder. A slave cylinder integrated in the cargo hook interfaces with the release mechanism.
Onboard’s cargo hook sling kit features protective anodizing and long-life bushings at each wearing joint to help protect against salt corrosion in marine environments. We also included a built-in bumper ring and hook travel limits to help prevent damage to the cargo hook and control cables—minimizing the risk of an inadvertent release. Our cargo hook sling kit is designed to mount to the single hard point on the belly of the aircraft.
- Expand Your Capabilities — With its smaller profile and lower cost, a cargo hook sling kit is an economical way to add external load capabilities to your aircraft with minimal impact to other equipment mounted on the fuselage.
- Easy Maintenance — The cargo hook and attach linkage are easily maintained with bushings at all wearing joints.
- Integrated Onboard Weighing System — Allows pilots to instantly know the exact weight of the cargo on the hook. Reduces the risk of overload airframe stress and helps the pilot make more informed aircraft loading decisions.
For more information, visit the Airbus EC130 Sling Kit product page.
Improve your helicopter's external load operations performance, prevent damage to electrical cables, and promote helicopter flight safety with electric swivels from Onboard Systems.
Hydraulic Upgrade Kits
If you would like to swap your TALON LC Keeperless Hook for a TALON LC Hydraulic Cargo Hook, our Hydraulic Upgrade Kits are just what you're looking for.
Our TALON Cargo Hook Overhaul Kits will greatly reduce the hassle of overhauling your cargo hook while saving you time and money!
Blackhawk Replacement Hook Kit
We're developing a replacement cargo hook kit for the Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter.
HEC Kits for the Bell 206L & 407
Onboard Systems is developing STC Human External Cargo (HEC) hook kits for the Bell 206L and Bell 407 aircraft.
TALON Auto-Loc Cargo Hook System
The TALON Auto-Loc is a cargo retrieval system that allows helicopter pilots to pick up pre-rigged, unattended loads.
Crew-Loc Full Cage Hook, Gen 2
Onboard's second-generation, full-cage Crew-Loc hook offers the ultimate in load security for transporting high-value loads.