HEC Kits for the Bell 429
Onboard Systems is developing Human External Cargo (HEC) dual hook kits for the Bell 429 aircraft. These kits will be STC certified for a variety of CFR Part 133 external load missions, including HEC, high-value cargo transport, utility line work, short haul, and search & rescue.
- STC Certified Solution — Our dual cargo hook kits will be fully certified to meet the requirements of 14 CFR 27.865 for Human External Cargo (HEC).
- Dual TALON® LC Hydraulic Hooks — Our hydraulic hooks greatly increase load security by using a hydraulically activated release mechanism instead of a traditional manual release cable.
Bell 429 HEC Dual Cargo Hook System
- Complete HEC system consisting of dual cargo hooks, a lightweight frame, and all fixed provisions and controls.
- Compatible with Bell fixed provisions and can also be installed on aircraft without any cargo hook provisions.
- Improved ground clearance compared to the OEM design.
- Primary release via electrical push button on the collective, with backup release via hydraulic dual master cylinder installed on the collective. Dual master cylinder will be compliant with both FAA and EASA requirements for preventing inadvertent release.
- Multiple Configurations — Optional kit configurations include fixed and/or removable provisions, an Onboard Weighing System for the primary cargo hook, and a Personnel Carrying Device System (PCDS) including the Y-rope, rigging plate, and longline.
- With the Y-rope attached to both cargo hooks, the dual cargo hook system load limit is 1,322 lbs (600 kg) for both HEC and non-HEC (NHEC) missions. When an NHEC load is attached to only the primary cargo hook, the normal aircraft load limit of 3,000 lbs (1,361 kg) applies.
Our longline kits for HEC missions include many essential components for properly rigging your aircraft to carry human external cargo, including the Y-Rope, a rigging plate, longlines, weight bags, lanyards, and carabiners.
For more information, please visit our HEC product line pages.
Blackhawk Replacement Hook Kit
Find out more about our FAA Certified replacement cargo hook kit for the Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk.
C-40 Screen Gallery
Preview the customizable screens and the functionality they provide.
TALON 2K Remote Cargo Hook Kit
Designed specifically for use with lighter helicopters, our 2K Remote Hook Kit safely transports loads up to 2,000 lb. (907 kg.).
TALON Auto-Loc Cargo Hook System
The TALON Auto-Loc is a cargo retrieval system that allows helicopter pilots to pick up pre-rigged, unattended loads.
Crew-Loc Full Cage Hook, Gen 2
Onboard's second-generation, full-cage Crew-Loc hook offers the ultimate in load security for transporting high-value loads.
Airbus H125 CRFS Retrofit Kits
Upgrade your Onboard Systems cargo hook swing kit to work with a CRFS.