- Part Number
- Design Load
- 2,000 lb. (907 kg)
- Ultimate Strength
- 8,000 lb. (3,629 kg)
- Unit Weight
- 4 lb. (1.8 kg)
- Working Load Limit (WLL)
- 5,000 lb. (2,268 kg)
- Electrical Rating
- 0-250 VDC
- Electrical Rating
- 2-channel, 30 amp, 0-250 VDC
2K Electric Swivel Kit
Product Number: 200-386-00
Call to confirm availability
Improve your helicopter's external load operations performance, prevent damage to electrical cables, and promote helicopter flight safety with electric swivels from Onboard Systems.
In 2013, the FAA issued a safety alert for helicopter operators (SAFO 13010) to outline current guidance and best practices for Part 133 helicopter external load operations. The FAA SAFO discusses the importance of using a swivel with your remote cargo hook so that spinning loads do not affect helicopter flight safety. The precautions are especially important when rigging loads (or load configurations) that are new to the operator—particularly those loads known to rotate on the cargo hook.
Onboard Systems' electric swivels have been designed to interface directly with our TALON® Remote Cargo Hooks, eliminating the need to use additional shackles to attach your longline and remote hook to the electric swivel. Also called electrical swivels or power swivels, an electric swivel provides a continuous power connection between the cockpit release and the remote cargo hook or other external load operations equipment. The electric swivel allows the external load to rotate freely to assure helicopter flight safety.
NOTE: For use with a TALON 2K Remote HookView Manuals, Certifications, and Hardware Notes
- Continuous Electrical Connection:Electric swivels provide a continuous electrical connection between the cockpit release and the remote cargo hook. The electric swivel allows the cargo hook to accommodate external load movement by spinning without curling or tangling of the longline.
- Armored Electrical Swivel Wires:The swivel's electrical cables are sheathed in stainless steel braid with reinforced strain relief for long life.
- Travel Stops:Our electric swivels include a travel stop that mounts directly on top of the remote hook lug. The travel stop keeps the swivel in a straight line with the hook, preventing damage to the electrical cable.
- Corrosion Resistant:Swivel body is made of 100% stainless steel for years of trouble-free use in a wide variety of environments.
- Simplified Linkage:Both ends of the electric swivel include attachment hardware that allows you to connect it directly to the longline and a TALON Remote Cargo Hook. No need for additional shackles or linkage!
- Use with Other Brands of Cargo Hooks:Use shackles or other linkage to attach the Onboard Systems electric swivel assembly to other brands of helicopter external load equipment.