- Typical Overhaul
- 5 years/1,000 hours
Leonardo Helicopters AW101
Cargo Hook Kit with TALON Hook
Now factory-installed on the Leonardo Helicopters AW101 aircraft, our TALON MC cargo hook is fully tested and qualified to work in extreme environments (including low temperatures and icy conditions). The throat size is fully rated to meet NATO STANAG rigging requirements for military forces. It’s also loaded with a host of user-friendly safety features.
NOTE: Available exclusively through Leonardo HelicoptersView Manuals, Certifications, and Hardware Notes
- Leonardo Helicopters Standard Factory Equipment:For the Leonardo Helicopters AW101/EH101 aircraft.
- Built to Thrive in Extreme Environments:Fully tested and qualified to work in extreme environments, including low temperatures and icy conditions.
- Lock Indicator Window:For added safety, a lock indicator window on the side of the hook gives the ground crew an easy visual signal that the hook is locked.
- Release Safety:Onboard cargo hooks are designed to release 2.5 times rated load. In an emergency situation, such as a longline snag, Onboard hooks give pilots a significant margin of safety in which to release the cargo load.
- Maximum Corrosion Protection:Components are built from stainless steel and the hook contains long-life bushings and bearings that are easily overhauled or replaced in the field. It’s also fully painted to prevent corrosion in marine environments.
- Extended Time Between Overhauls:Teflon-lined, self-lubricating bushings at all wearing joints extend the typical overhaul life.