Price: $ 2,510.00Add to Cart Call to confirm availability
TALON 1K Carousel Hook (with Light)
The TALON® 1K Carousel Hook was designed for optimal performance when operating in a multi-hook carousel system. Based on extensive customer feedback, we built the TALON 1K Carousel Hook from the ground up to ensure it would include your most requested features, such as a dual-actuation release lever to help eliminate accidental releases caused by contact with branches. The design also allows easy field replacement of the power cord, as well as improved performance in icy conditions. We moved the release lever to the outer edge of the hook to provide better access for ground crews, and added a lock indicator window to help them confirm that the load is secure. Available with or without an LED light.
- Easily Drop Light Loads: Keep light loads from hanging up on with a hook whose load beam opens to almost 90°, even with zero-weight loads.
- Dual-Actuation Release Lever: Helps eliminate accidental releases caused by contact with branches. The lever must be pinched together to open the hook. But it's easy for the ground crew to openeven with gloves!
- Lock Indicator Window: For added safety, a lock indicator window on the side of the hook gives the ground crew an easy visual signal that the hook is locked.
- Lighted Hook Option: Readily visible in direct sunlight at distances over 200 ft. (for use with the SPIDER Smart Carousel System).
- Improved Release Lever Location: Release lever has been moved to the outer edge of the hook for improved access when installed in carousel systems.
- Field Replaceable Power Cord: Power cord can be easily replaced via an access cover and terminal block.
- Lighter Weight: To decrease the overall weight of a carousel system, we reduced the hook capacity to 1K to shed 2 lb. per hook.
- Increased Side Plate Protection: Armor plates protect throat area from rigging damage.
- Keeperless Cargo Hook: Spring-loaded keepered hooks require a specific size load ring to ensure it won't work its way around the keeper, resulting in a dropped load. That's why Onboard replaced the cargo hook keeper mechanism with a uniquely secure load beam system. Since there's no keeper, a wide variety of load ring sizes and styles can be safely used without worrying about inadvertent load loss.
- Part Number528-044-10
- Design Load 1,000 lb. (453 kg)
- Minimum Release Load 0 lb. (0 kg.)
- Unit Weight 4.1 lb. (1.9 kg)
- Throat Size (Height x Depth) 1.42 x 2.08 in. (36 x 52.8 mm)
- Electrical Requirements 22-30 VDC (10 amps)
- Typical Overhaul 5 years/1,000 hours