- Part Number
- Design Load
- 2,000 lb. (907 kg)
- Ultimate Strength
- 9,000 lb. (4,082 kg)
- Release Capacity
- 5,000 lb. (2,268 kg)
- Minimum Release Load
- 0 lb. (0 kg)
- Unit Weight
- 6 lb. (2.72 kg)
- Throat Size (Height x Depth)
- 2.1 x 2.9 in. (53.3 x 73.7 mm)
- Electrical Requirements
- 22-28 VDC (9 amps)
- Typical Overhaul
- 5 years/1,000 hours
TALON 2K Carousel Hook
Product Number: 528-021-01
Call to confirm availability
When you are operating a multi-hook carousel system, the last thing you need is added complexity. That's why our TALON Carousel Cargo Hooks are the ones on which to standardize your carousel. They are sturdy, robust, and built to provide years of trouble-free service. They have all of the technological advantages you've come to expect from Onboard Systems built right in—?including a keeperless hook design that safely handles a wide variety of load ring sizes and styles while eliminating the possibility of losing a load that inadvertently gets past the keeper. And our removable brush guard helps keep branches and other objects from triggering an accidental release.View Manuals, Certifications, and Hardware Notes
- Keeperless Cargo Hook:Spring-loaded keepered hooks require a specific size load ring to ensure it won't work its way around the keeper, resulting in a dropped load. That's why Onboard replaced the cargo hook keeper mechanism with a uniquely secure load beam system. Since there's no keeper, a wide variety of load ring sizes and styles can be safely used without worrying about inadvertent load loss.
- Easy, One-Handed Loading:Unique load beam remains open after cargo is jettisoned, providing a large loading target for ground crews. Simply push the load ring up against the load beam and the hook closes.
- Easy Maintenance & Overhaul:Onboard cargo hooks can be overhauled in the field, at our factory, or by a qualified repair facility using simple hand tools. Quick parts availability minimizes downtime!
- Easily Drop Light Loads:Keep light loads from hanging up with a hook whose load beam opens to almost 90°, even with the lightest of loads.
- Brush Guard for Increased Protection:Our removable brush guard surrounds the manual release knob to help prevent branches and other objects from pushing against the knob and triggering an inadvertent release. Does not interfere with ground crew access to the knob.
- The Onboard Advantage:Our cargo hook kits can be installed on new or existing aircraft using standard hand tools. Time between overhauls is five years or 1,000 operating hours. And because Onboard Systems maintains a large inventory of cargo hook kits and spare parts, we can usually ship your order out quickly.
- Release Safety:Onboard cargo hooks are designed to release 2.5 times rated load. In an emergency situation, such as a longline snag, Onboard hooks give pilots a significant margin of safety in which to release the cargo load.
- Standard Time Between Overhauls:Standard time between overhauls is five years or 1,000 operating hours for all TALON hooks.
- Best Availability, Pricing & Support:Compare our prices & features against other cargo hook manufacturers and you'll see that Onboard Systems provides the best overall value. We stand behind every order with attentive customer support, backed by field- and hangar-experienced A&P mechanics.