Engineering Project Manager
Onboard Systems has a full-time opening for an Engineering Project Manager to lead engineering teams in new product development.
Founded in 1975, Onboard Systems is a thriving company that designs and manufactures sophisticated products for the worldwide helicopter industry. As a recognized leader in helicopter lift equipment, our products are chosen by helicopter operators and OEMs throughout the world. Our headquarters is located in Vancouver, WA, with direct access to I-205 and I-5.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Eleven paid holidays per year in addition to paid time off
- Flexible work hours
- Cafeteria options for medical & dental coverage
- 401(k) with automatic employer contribution
- Collaborative, team-centric engineering culture
- Immaculate, well-integrated facility
- Lead projects to success by applying demonstrated project management skills
- Define, plan, communicate and track objectives for schedule, cost, and technical performance
- Create, assign and ensure completion of tasks given project team members
- Lead and manage teams of engineering/technical personnel
- Apply a broad base of technical skills to perform detail design review
- Ensure client satisfaction through regular communication and problem solving
- In a small business setting, support team members by personally filling resource gaps
- Possess assertive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to occasionally travel
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical field
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
- Minimum 5 years' experience in project management role; aerospace industry experience preferred
- Background and experience in design/development of electro-mechanical products
- Possess experience with aerospace standard materials, processes and standard hardware
- Experience authoring and reviewing a variety of technical documentation, including user's manuals, maintenance instructions, qualification test plans, etc.
- Competent with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software
- General shop, machining, fabrication and mechanic experience a plus
How to apply
- To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter using the subject line "Job Position: Engineering Project Manager"
- In the cover letter, describe how your specific background aligns with our required competencies, education, and experience.
- Outstanding candidates will be asked to complete a questionnaire, interview, and qualifying exercise.
To be considered for this position, you should have a solid work history, verifiable references, and be able to pass a mandatory drug and alcohol screening test. Onboard Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
More for You
Our innovative solutions to improve safety and productivity have made us experts in design and development.
Wanted: Reviews & Testimonials
We would love to hear about how our products or services have helped you.
Chrome Themes for Your Browser
Exclusive Chrome themes featuring external load mission photos for your browser.
Overhauls Spoken Here
Time for an overhaul? Click here to explore your options, costs, and more.
Convenient Email Invoices
How to get an invoice before your order arrives to help with customs paperwork and internal receiving processes.
Get The Hook
Stay informed! Sign up for our quarterly newsletter, The Hook.
Want to find out more about our trade-in and upgrade programs? Download our "Trade-in Program Sheet."