Onboard Systems is developing a replacement cargo hook kit for the Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter that offers operators significant improvements, such as:
- Dual Solenoid Design — Eliminates the need for high-cost Cartridge Activated Devices (CADs) for back-up release functionality.
- Low Weight — Replacement hook weighs less than the legacy hook.
- Easy Installation — Uses existing cockpit release hardware; only a simple wiring update is required for installation.
- Release Safety — Onboard’s cargo hooks are designed to release 2.5 times the rated load. In an emergency situation (such as a longline snag), our cargo hooks give the pilot a significant margin of safety in which to release the cargo load.
- Eliminates Dynamic Rollout Potential — Keeperless hook eliminates the risk of an improperly sized load ring slipping past the keeper.
- Surefire® Release Technology — An integrated electronic circuit is added inside the cargo hook to provide about a half-second delay from when the primary electrical release button is pressed until the hook opens. This helps guard against inadvertent releases by requiring a firm, half-second press of the hook release button.
- Dual-Actuation Release Lever — Helps eliminate accidental releases caused by contact with foreign objects. The lever must be pinched together to open the hook. But it’s easy for the ground crew to open, even with gloves.
- Optional Onboard Weighing System — Allows pilots to instantly know the cargo weight on the hook. Reduces the risk of overload airframe stress and helps the pilot make more informed aircraft loading decisions.
Sign up for our information email list so that we can provide you with product updates as they happen by completing the form below, or contact us for more information.
More for You
Overhaul Exchange Pool
If you just can't be without a cargo hook, check out our overhaul exchange pool.
Return for Service Shipping Tips
International "Return for Service" shipments can be tricky. Here are some tips.
Register Your Products
Register your products to receive service and documentation updates at no charge.
Service Alerts & Bulletins
Safety is our first priority. Sign up to receive notices about service alerts and bulletins here.
How to Upgrade Your Equipment
We strive to make it simple and cost-effective for our customers to upgrade their equipment.