Overhauls & Repairs
Onboard Systems cargo hooks have some of the longest time between overhauls (TBO) in the industry. For optimal safety and and performance, regular maintenance and adherence to the overhaul schedule are essential. If it's time to service or overhaul your cargo hook, you have several options:
Send it back to Onboard Systems for factory service
Send it to a qualified repair facility
- Service it yourself
You can review these options in detail in our booklet, Your Guide to Overhaul Options. You can also click on the links below to find out more about each option on this website.
Onboard Systems operates a certified FAA Part 145 Repair Station. We service, repair, and overhaul all the equipment we manufacture.
When you send your cargo hook equipment to Onboard for overhaul, our highly trained factory technicians will restore it to like-new condition. The electrical release harness and mechanical release cables should not be included as they can be damaged during shipping. Our standard overhaul service includes all recommended procedures listed in the service manual or component maintenance manual, including:
- Disassembly, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, and reassembly
- Replacement of all threaded fasteners, bearings, and bushing springs included in our overhaul kits
- Non-destructive inspection and testing (NDT) of structural components
- Replacement of worn or corroded parts
- Performing any outstanding Service Bulletin compliance, as required
- Refinishing and re-anodizing
- Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP)
Onboard Weighing Systems
Due to the complexity of these products, Onboard Weighing Systems are not field serviceable and must be returned to the factory for serivce. Depending on the age and condition of your equipment, we will overhaul, repair, or upgrade your equipment. Please refer to your Owners Manual for more information.
Exchange units are also offered for these products; please contact us for availability.