- What type of civil aviation authority certifications does Onboard Systems hold?
What type of civil aviation authority certifications does Onboard Systems hold?
Onboard Systems will typically obtain an FAA STC for certified equipment. This certificate will then be submitted and validated with Transport Canada and EASA, which has jurisdiction over the European Union. Most countries will accept one of these three certifications. If you have other certification needs, please contact the factory for options. Each product page also lists the current certifications.
You can click here to download a copy of our permission letter to use Onboard's applicable FAA STC and associated data for installation and approval of our equipment.
- How do you calculate the "Time Between Overhaul" (TBO) for cargo hooks?
The typical language for the TALON® cargo hook overhaul schedule, as found in either Instructions for Continued Airworthiness or the user’s manual, reads:
Time Between Overhaul (TBO): 1000 hours of external load operations or 5 years, whichever comes first.
To clarify the criteria related to TBO, Onboard Systems has drafted a letter explaining the conditions for tracking hours of external load operations. To summarize:
Hours of external load operations is defined as the time in which a helicopter is engaged in external load operations. This includes time between loads on the hook. For the purposes of TBO, hours of external load operations should be interpreted to be when:
- Anything is attached to the primary Cargo Hook—whether or not a useful load is being transported; and
- The aircraft is flying
If these two conditions are not met, time does not need to be tracked.
For users which do not exceed 1000 hours of external load operations in a five year period, TBO is five years from the date the cargo hook equipment was installed on the aircraft, whether or not the equipment is being used.
- What certifications does Onboard Systems provide for maintenance, repair, and overhaul work?
What certifications does Onboard Systems provide for maintenance, repair, and overhaul work?
We can offer a return-to-service tag, certificate of conformance, or FAA 8130-3 Form. Acceptance test procedure reports are also available for select products. All certification requests must be clearly identified on the purchase order and submitted before shipment of an order.
- How can I be sure an Onboard Systems part will fit on my helicopter?
How can I be sure an Onboard Systems part will fit on my helicopter?
When viewing the part description for any Onboard Systems product, you'll notice that we list specific helicopter compatibility. In addition you can review the FAA STC and installation instructions on this web site.>
- I'm not located in the United States. Can I order Onboard Systems products from a local source?
I'm not located in the United States. Can I order Onboard Systems products from a local source?
Onboard Systems has distributors in many countries. Simply call us or email us and we can provide you with contact information for the distributors nearest you.
Wouldn't it be better to show a list of the dealers right here on this page?
- What if I have problems installing an Onboard Systems part?
What if I have problems installing an Onboard Systems part?
Our products are designed to be installed quickly and easily with readily available tools. Complete, step-by-step installation instructions are included with every product,and full documentation support is available on this Web site. . You can also receive live technical support by calling us at 800-275-0883 from Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST. Or, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I place an order for Onboard Systems products?
How do I place an order for Onboard Systems products?
First, browse this website and locate the part number(s) for the specific product(s) you need. Then, place your order in one of four three easy ways:
Place your order online by adding products to our Shopping Cart. When you are ready to checkout, follow the prompts to log into your existing account or to set up a new account.
Call us to place your order, using one of the following phone numbers. We'll confirm availability and price, and then place your order:
US Office: +1.360.546.3072
UK Office: +44 (0) 1424 777400
Fax your order to:
US Office: +1.360.546.3073
UK Office: +44 (0) 1424 777400
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Place your order online by adding products to our Shopping Cart. When you are ready to checkout, follow the prompts to log into your existing account or to set up a new account.
- I'm not sure which part number is right for my helicopter.
I'm not sure which part number is right for my helicopter.
If you are not 100% sure about which parts you need, just call us or drop us an email and we'll help you determine exactly which parts you can use.
What about the new STC tie-in database?
- What methods of payment does Onboard Systems accept?
What methods of payment does Onboard Systems accept?
- Visa or MasterCard
- Prepayment with company check
- COD (US addresses only)
- Bank Wire Transfer — Bank account information is available upon request.
- Open Accounts —Payment via a Net 30 account is a courtesy service available to existing customers doing high volume business on a regular basis upon application and review. Ask your Onboard Systems sales representative for details.
- What type of quality system does Onboard Systems operate?
What type of quality system does Onboard Systems operate?
Onboard Systems maintains a rigorous quality management system to ensure our products are of the highest quality. Our quality management system (QMS) is designed to meet or exceed the strict requirements of AS9100 Revision B,
ISO 9001:2000, helicopter airframe manufacturers, and the FAA. The QMS covers activities ranging from receipt of customers’ requests for orders through manufacturing, shipments, and obtaining feedback from customers. A copy of our quality assurance plan is available on request.
- Does Onboard Systems operate an FAA Repair Station?
Does Onboard Systems operate an FAA Repair Station?
Yes, Onboard Systems operates a certified FAA Part 145 Repair Station, Number ODBR579X. We service, repair and overhaul all the equipment we manufacture.
You can download a copy of our OPS Spec for Repair Station document. Or, you can contact us for more information.
- How do I return a new product I have purchased?
How do I return a new product I have purchased?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Therefore, unused products may be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase under these conditions:
Phone/Europe: +44 (0) 1424 777400Phone/Worldwide: +1.360.546.3072email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parts must be returned in new condition and complete with all manuals and documentation.
- Customer is responsible for all return shipping charges and insurance.
- A 5% restocking fee will be deducted from the credit.
- An RMA number must be obtained. Please contact Technical Support by phone or email to obtain an RMA number:
Please be sure to package the component carefully to ensure safe transit and write the RMA number on the outside of the box or on the mailing label. Then return the components freight, cartage, insurance and customsprepaid to:Onboard Systems13915 NW Third CourtVancouver, WA 98685USA
- What is Onboard Systems' shipping policy?
What is Onboard Systems' shipping policy?
For most equipment, we ship the same day payment is made. Please provide your freight carrier account number if you would like to have the shipping fees billed directly to your account.
- For domestic shipments, we ship via UPS, FedEx and United States Postal Service (USPS) with your choice of air or ground service.
- For international shipments, we ship via UPS, FedEx, DHL and United States Postal Service (USPS).
- Local customers may make arrangements to stop by our Vancouver, Washington facility to pick up their purchases.
- Other shipment arrangements are possible; please ask your Onboard Systems sales representive about other options.