Price: $ 2,113.00Add to Cart Call to confirm availability
TALON 2K Carousel Hook
When you're operating a multiple hook carousel system, the last thing you need is added complexity. That's why the TALON Carousel Cargo Hook is the one on which to standardize your carousel. It's sturdy, robust, and built to provide years of trouble-free service. It has all of the technological advantages you've come to expect from Onboard Systems built right in including a keeperless hook design that safely handles a wide variety of load ring sizes and styles, while eliminating the possibility of losing a load that inadvertently gets past the keeper. And our removable brush guard helps keep branches and other objects from triggering an accidental release.
- Keeperless Cargo Hook: Safest hook on the market! The keeperless hook design safely handles a wide variety of load ring sizes and styles while eliminating the possibility of losing a load that inadvertently gets past a keeper. The United States Forest Service (USFS) now requires keeperless hooks for many contracts.
- Easy, One-Handed Loading: Unique load beam remains open after cargo is jettisoned, providing a large loading target for ground crews. Simply push the load ring up against the load beam and the hook closes.
- Easy Maintenance & Overhaul: Onboard cargo hooks can be overhauled in the field, at our factory or by a qualified repair facility using simple hand tools. Quick parts availability minimizes downtime!
- Easily Drop Light Loads: Eliminate light load hang-up on the load beam with a hook that can open even with zero-weight loads! Pilots report that they don't have to waste time over the drop point trying to get the choker to fall from the hook.
- Brush Guard for Increased Protection: Our removable brush guard surrounds the "OPEN" knob to help prevent branches and other objects from pushing against the knob and triggering an inadvertent release. Does not interfere with ground crew access to the knob.
- The Onboard Advantage: Our cargo hook kits can be installed on new or existing aircraft using standard hand tools. Time between overhauls is five years or 1,000 operating hours for all TALON cargo hooks. And because Onboard Systems maintains a large inventory of cargo hook kits and spare parts, we can usually ship your order out quickly.
- Design Load 2,000 LB (907 KG)
- Ultimate Strength 9,000 LB (4,082 KG)
- Release Capacity 5,000 LB (2,268 KG)
- Minimum Release Load 0 LB (0 KG)
- Unit Weight 6 LB (2.72 KG)
- Throat Size (Height x Depth) 2.1 x 2.9 IN (53.3 x 73.7 MM)
- Electrical Requirements 22-28 VDC (9 amps)
- Typical Overhaul 5 years